Friday, April 26, 2013

Nietzsche and the Marathon Bombings



THE ABSURD TIMES







Illustration: Now that is Friedrich Nietzsche, a 19th Century Philosopher, who predicted the miserable 20th Century, all of it.  Get that straight.


          Now, last week I tuned into CNN (Capitalist News Network) and heard Wolfgang Blitzkrieg (who has been on quite a bit lately, enjoying every minute of this) interviewing another reporter.  As my mind started to wander, I clearly heard “Sources say that the real influence behind all of the bombings was Nietzsche.”  My first reaction was “Yeah, and Schopenhauer planned the escape?”

          I called some friends and asked them it they heard anything about it and they said, “Do you still watch a television?” and hung up on me.  So, there I was.  Clearly seeing mass insanity live and couldn’t do a thing about it.  I consoled myself with the thought that “At least they finally pronounced his name correctly.”

          A few days later I heard the mother of the two bombers, both Caucasian, in fact from the Caucuses, say there was a firebrand who visited in Dagestan named “Misha” who preached Islam.  Thank God (whom Nietzsche pronounced dead years ago) it was all cleared up.

          Still, many questions remain.  Why 27 million in donations to 4 dead in Boston and only 1 to dozens killed in Texas?  There are more and they are circulating wildly.  The article below explores some of the reasons for, and explanations of, the insanity.

          Me?  I’m busy with Haydn’s Paris Symphonies. 


No comments: