Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boycott Israel

THE ABSURD TIMES



Illustration: Found at the Boston Globe, a scene from Gaza today.

I recently read an article by Naomi Klein about a boycott of Israel for its murder and destruction in Gaza. She pointed out that it did work with South Africa, evevtually. During that time, of course, israel defied the boycott. Not to sound stereotypical, but hitting them in the pocketbook, so to speak, couldn't be a better approach.

Now perhaps it won't work immediately. There are arguments that boycotts don't work. None of this matters. As Thoreau once pointed out, if we find something heinous, we can at least resolve to have nothing to do with it and to make sure we do not support it.
The only thing missing in Naomi's article in the Nation was the names of any but one Israeli company. I am therefore posting a list. At the very least, if you buy something, first look at the labe to see where it was made.
Here is the list:

A

[edit] B

[edit] C

[edit] D

[edit] E

[edit] F

[edit] G

[edit] H

[edit] I

[edit] J

[edit] K

[edit] L

[edit] M

[edit] N

[edit] O

[edit] P

[edit] R

[edit] S

[edit] T

[edit] U

[edit] Y

[edit] Z

[edit] Top companies by sales

The top 10 Israeli companies by sales are[1]:

  1. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd., $4.8 billion
  2. Oil Refineries Ltd (BAZAN), $4.4 billion
  3. Israel Electric Corporation, $3.4 billion
  4. Israel Chemicals, $2.7 billion (2004)
  5. Elco Holdings
  6. Israeli Aircraft Industries
  7. Tnuva Group
  8. Vishay Intertechnology
  9. Makhteshim Agan
  10. Intel Electronics, Israel

6 comments:

Alex Markin said...

I agree. This is taking absurdity to new levels. As an old t-shirt I saw years ago succinctly stated - I wonder how you will react if your house is randomly attacked by erratic rockets.

Anonymous said...

What does that mean -the t shirt thing? The Israelis have superior weapons -they have killed a thousand and suffered what? 10. And half of those were from friendly fire -ha ha. They hit the UN post. In the 6 day war, they sank a US ship in the Mediterranean - The Liberty I think - and never even apologized. Didn't like what Hilary had to say at her confirmation. No new ideas there. I think we need to stop supporting Israel and giving them money and arms and give them their marching orders to the sea!

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://betyzima.ibnsites.com/ywyrudi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://rerodovedo.1accesshost.com/ukyfake.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ilelokusib.freecities.com/ilywizih.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I started take up real income.
It gets down to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]